Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Stalker also known as Multiple Sclerosis (part 1)


January 8, 2011 at 6:58pm
When you first found me, almost 10 yrs ago, I was going through a rough period in my life.  Life as a single mom with a 2 yr old was not easy and going through court for custody was not fun.  You crept up on me and annoyed me for a few months.  You were interrupting my work and my vision, yet, I had no idea who you were.  Then court was over and life was back to normal.  You must have set your sights on someone else because you went away for 2 years!  Then you came back taking my legs out from under me and making me fall down the stairs.  It was that day, my son's 5th birthday, that I found out your name!  Multiple Sclerosis.  I underwent a spinal tap, EKG, EEG and an MRI to unveil your identity.  In the years following I barely caught a glimpse of you, which was fine with me!  I even had another baby and that entire pregnancy you decided to terrorize someone else!  It was so nice to have you go on vacation!  Then lo and behold 2 years ago you decided to leave reminders of your existence.  I now have a drop foot that makes me trip, as well as balance issues that makes the world seem wobbly.  Some days the walls are strictly there for me to hold.  I am going to whack you with my cane if I ever catch you!  I know what I want to say and then you twist my tongue and the words come out all jumbled.  Even as I type this you  keep pushing the wrong keys...you can't even spell properly, so quit touching my keyboard!  I have some really patient friends and family who don't care what you do or say.  You couldn't even scare away my husband, so there!  He is the most supportive man I could have ever asked for.  My kids even remind me to rest and to take my cane so you can't embarrass me in public!  I think you constantly being in my way has made me a stronger person.  I don't take anything for granted anymore!   Wearing my glasses is preventing the double vision from affecting my ability to drive.   Keep throwing road blocks at me and I will find my way over or around them:)
I do think it is time you went on vacation again...perhaps a permanent one?

No comments:

Post a Comment