Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cross Country!

Jay signed up for Cross Country in September and I was surprised!  Neither Chris nor I ever had any interest that when we were in school.. Mind you Chris runs now, bikes, goes to the gym and they all go to TKD. ! So maybe that is rubbing off on Jay?!  Anyhow today was the meet with local schools and Jay came in 48th!  Not too shabby for his first time.  I guess tomorrow we find out who made it to Regionals.  Britt was asking me if I was going to go and immediately parking nightmares flashed through my head:-(  Although I was impressed today with how NOBODY parked in the wheelchair spaces without a pass:-)  I guess complaining for the past couple of years paid off!  I feel like such a whiner, but, hey I prove a point.  I really think that I should be a consultant on proposed parking lots.  I could help them logically put accessible parking where it will be helpful.  I will forever grateful to Matt Brown for his help in getting the extra 2 spaces installed.  I do feel a tiny bit bad that the Emily Carr parking lot did lose 3 spaces to make 2 accessible ones...just a tiny bit!  Now if only I could do something about the horribly uneven tarmac out back!  If they did have a child in a wheelchair it would be a huge tip factor.  If a family with a disabled child joins our school I will be in their pocket helping them fight!
Starting to think that I should be an advocate for disabilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment